Valentine's Day Recipe - Chocolate Love Bites
Cooking has never really been my "thing" but lately I've been having a blast creating healthy, delicious, EASY, recipes to share with you! While you won't catch me slaving over a hot stove all day, it's so much fun to whip up delicious food, FAST, and share it with you.
I won't slack on using quality, nutrient dense ingredients though, even when it came to making a sweet, chocolate Valentine's Day treat!
Instead of buying chocolates for yourself or your sweetie this year, make these Love Bites instead.
They're rich, delicious, sweet, and satisfying, AND TOTALLY HEALTHY! So treat yourself, love your body, and (if you're pregnant or breastfeeding) love your baby, too, by giving them nutrients they need through you, instead of sugar they don't.
CHOCOLATE LOVE BITES
- 1 cup organic medjool dates, soaked overnight and pitted (Get the best price with Thrive Market's brand HERE)
- 1/2 cup organic cacao powder (Get Thrive Market's brand HERE)
- 1/2 cup chocolate plant protein powder (Get it from my nutrition partner HERE)
- 1 cup organic virgin coconut oil (Get Thrive Market's HERE)
- 2 scoops berry flavor greens blend (Get it from my nutrition partner HERE) *optional for a subtle raspberry taste and a superfood boost*
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and completely combined.
Line a 8x8 brownie pan with parchment paper.
Spread brownie batter evenly into lined pan with a rubber spatula
Place pan in the fridge for an hour to set.
Cut brownies with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
If you want to give these Love Bites as a gift for Valentine's Day, keep them chilled or they will melt.
*** Store covered in the fridge or freezer ***
The ingredients matter!
If you want to make sure your chocolate treats are truly healthy and taste good, that is.
I have linked the exact brands I used above.
If you can't use these brands, use what's available to you but seek out the highest quality and cleanest sources you can!
Love your body, love yourself, love your baby.